We are committed to achieving total customer satisfaction through constant improvement of our business processes and innovation. We strive to successfully deliver ethical products and services above and beyond our customers’ expectations, focusing on the principles of simplicity, convenience, and speed. This will be achieved by continual improvement in business Quality through adopting and maintaining a Quality Management System (QMS) based on ISO 9001:2015 standards.
Any purchase, dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of UAE.
These terms and conditions together with any additional terms and conditions applicable to any of the 'Watania' branded websites (together the “Terms”) govern how you may access, browse and use this website or any of the 'Watania Takaful' branded websites (together the "Website"). By: (a) accessing, browsing, submitting material to or otherwise using the Website by any means and via whatever device; or (b) registering your details with us to access certain areas of the Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
1. About us and our business
The Website is operated by or on behalf of Watania Takaful General PJSC and Watania Takaful Family PJSC (the "Group", "we" or "our"). We are a company registered in Dubai United Arab Emirates with trade license number 1026185 for Watania Takaful Family PJSC and 1037950 for Watania Takaful General PJSC. Our registered office address is PO Box 48883 Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
2. Changes to these Terms
We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time and we encourage you to revisit these Terms periodically to ensure that you are fully aware of them at all times. Any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the Website. Your continued use of the Website constitutes your agreement to all such Terms.
Access to some areas of the Website is restricted to users who have registered their details with us. If you register with us and you choose, or you are provided with, a password as part of the registration process, you must treat your password as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party.
4. Use of the Website
• For the purposes of these Terms: "Content" includes, but is not limited to, all or part of any text, graphics, layout, logos, images, audio material, films or other moving images, product details and/or software published or otherwise available on the Website from time to time (including, without limitation, anything made available for download); and "Trade Marks" means the trade marks, logos and service marks (whether or not registered) displayed on the Website.
• We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, the Content and the Trade Marks. Subject to these Terms, we grant you a limited, temporary, revocable, and non-exclusive license to access, browse and use the Website (including the Content and Trade Marks) for your personal and non-commercial use only. Where specified on the relevant part of the Website, the license granted in this section 4.2 may be limited to a particular period of time and/or may be subject to additional terms and conditions.
• While accessing, browsing and/or using the Website you must:
a. comply with all applicable laws, regulations and codes;
b. not impersonate another person or use a false name or email address;
c. not deep-link to and / or frame or use framing techniques to enclose the Website or any part of the Website without our prior written consent
d. not modify or attempt to modify all or any part of the Content or the Website
e. not gain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website
f. not post, transmit, submit, refer to, make available or link to or from (or authorize or permit any other person to do the same) any material which:
I. is untrue, fraudulent, inaccurate or incomplete; and/or
II. is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety, is in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including, without limitation, copyright) or otherwise is in breach of or violates any applicable law or regulation or code, and/or
III. makes excessive demands for bandwidth; and/or
IV. constitutes advertising (unless approved or otherwise authorized by us); and/or
V. contains any virus or other harmful code, or which may otherwise impair or harm the Website or our computer systems or any third party computer system, and we shall have sole discretion as to whether any material is in breach of this clause.
• Except as set out in the limited license in section 4.2 above (or as required under any applicable law), the Content, Trade Marks and/or any other part of the Website may not be used, reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, accessed, modified, or otherwise exploited, in full or in part, for any purpose without our prior written consent. In particular, you are not permitted to republish any part of the Website (including the Content) on another website, in any other medium (print, electronic or otherwise) or as part of any commercial service without our prior written permission from us.
At any time and without giving you any advance notice, we may permanently or temporarily and for any reason:
a. terminate, suspend or deny your access to the Website (whether in whole or in part); and/or
b. terminate, suspend or deny your access to the registration areas of the Website and/or your password referred to in section 3 above; and/or
c. remove or edit any Content on the Website at any time, and in such circumstances all liability of the Group, its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives for any loss whatsoever arising from our removing or editing Content and/or your limited use of or inability to use the Website (either in whole or in part), email services and/or password is excluded.
5. Material that you submit to the Website
Where the facility is made available to you on the Website, you may send material (including, without limitation, text, photographs or other images, audio material, films or other moving images) to us for publication on various areas of the Website. When you send any materials to us for publication on the Website, you do so in accordance with these Terms including, in particular, the following:
a. you grant us a royalty free, worldwide, perpetual and non-exclusive license to use, copy, distribute, publish, syndicate, sub-license and transmit the whole or any part of such material (including without limitation any of the information, details, ideas, concepts and/or formats contained within it) in any manner and in any format and/or media (including, without limit, archiving and making such material available on the Website)
b. publication of any material you submit to us will be at our sole discretion and we reserve the right to edit or otherwise amend such materials prior to publication
c. you agree that we may (at our discretion) disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material sent by you to the Website is defamatory, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including, without limitation, copyright), in breach of any of the warranties set out in sections 5.1.4 or 5.1.5 below or otherwise is in breach of or violates any applicable law or regulation or code
d. you warrant to us that any material you submit to us is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights
e. you warrant that the material you submit is not: obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including, without limitation, copyright) or otherwise in breach of or violates any applicable law or regulation or code
f. you acknowledge that any breach of the warranties set out in sections 5.1.4 or 5.1.5 above may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently on demand against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses; and
g. you waive any moral rights in all material you submit.
• Whilst you acknowledge that we do not necessarily pre-screen any material that you have submitted to the Website, we reserve the right to remove, at any time and without reason or prior notice or any liability to you, any material that you have submitted.
• Notwithstanding the generality of section 5.2 above, the Group reserves the right (but not the obligation) to monitor any communications that are made via the Website and you now consent to any such monitoring.
6. Third party links
The Website may contain hypertext links to third party websites. We are not responsible for, nor do we endorse in any way such third party websites or their content. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
7. Exclusions and limitations of liability
• All information and/or data on the Website is provided on an "as is" basis. No representations, warranties or terms of any kind are made in respect of the Website or the Content.
• The information and/or data on the Website is provided by us and our data providers for your general information only and use and is not intended for trading purposes or to address your particular financial or other requirements. In particular, the information and/or data on the Website:
a. does not constitute any form of advice (investment, tax, legal or otherwise); and
b. does not constitute any inducement, invitation or recommendation relating to any of the products listed or referred to; and
c. is not intended to be relied upon by you in making (or refraining to make) any specific investment or other decisions.
APPROPRIATE EXPERT INDEPENDENT ADVICE SHOULD BE OBTAINED BEFORE MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR OTHER DECISIONS.
• Neither the Group nor any of its data providers or affiliates gives any warranty or guarantee relating to availability of the Website or that the Website and/or our operation of it, the Content or the server that makes the Website available are error or virus free or free of other harmful components or that your use of the Website and/or the Content will be uninterrupted.
• You agree that the Group, its directors, employees, agents or other representatives, data providers or affiliates will not be responsible or liable (whether in contract, tort or otherwise), under any circumstances for any amount or kind of loss or damage (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any anticipated loss of profit, loss of profit, loss of opportunity, loss of data, costs and fines and/or any special or incidental damages of any kind) that may result to you or a third party arising from or connected in any way to:
a. interruption of business; or
b. access or other delays, terminations, suspensions, denials or access interruptions to the Website; or
c. data non-delivery, data corruption, destruction of data or other modification of data; or
d. third party website links on the Website; or
e. reliance on the information contained on the Website; or
f. computer viruses, system failures or malfunctions which may occur in connection with your use of the Website; or
g. any inaccuracies, omissions or misleading, false or deceptive statement in the Content; or
h. events beyond our reasonable control.
You will indemnify and will keep indemnified the Group and its data providers and affiliates on demand against all claims, costs, proceedings, demands, losses, damages, expenses (including legal expenses) or liability whatsoever arising directly or indirectly as a result of:
• any breach of these Terms by you; or
• your fault, negligence or breach of statutory duty; or
• your use of software robots, spiders, crawlers, or similar data gathering and extraction tools, or any other action you take that imposes an unreasonable burden or load on our infrastructure (whether owned by, leased or licensed to us) or that of any of our suppliers.
• Any contractual or legal relationship between you and the Group will be concluded in English.
• All notices shall be given in writing to us or, to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide during the registration process (if any). Notice will be deemed received 24 hours after the e-mail is sent or 3 days after the date of posting.
• These Terms (together with any variations to them pursuant to section 2) form the entire agreement between the parties concerning your access to, browsing and/or use of the Website and supersede all prior agreements, arrangements, understandings and representations made between us (whether written or oral) concerning the Website.
• The license granted in section 4.2 above is personal to you and may not be assigned, transferred or sub-licensed (in whole or in part) without our prior written consent.
• Nothing in these Terms is intended to or shall operate to create a partnership or joint venture of any kind between us or to authorize either of us to act as agent for the other, and neither of us shall have authority to act in the name or on behalf of or otherwise to bind the other in any way (including but not limited to the making of any representation or warranty, the assumption of any obligation or liability and the exercise of any right or power).
• If the whole or any part of any provision of these Terms is or becomes invalid, void or unenforceable for any reason the same shall to the extent required be severed from these Terms and rendered ineffective so far as is possible without modifying the remaining provisions of these Terms and shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions.
• No waiver by the Group of any breach of these Terms shall constitute a waiver of any other prior or subsequent breach and the Group shall not be affected by any delay, failure or omission to enforce or express forbearance granted in respect of any of your obligations.
• The rights and remedies of the Group under these Terms are independent, cumulative and without prejudice to its rights under the law.
• These Terms and/or your use of the Website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Emirate of Dubai and applicable federal laws of the United Arab Emirates and the Dubai Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute which may arise.
• The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore, the Customers are encouraged to frequently visit these sections to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
2. Information we collect from you
• In general you can visit this Website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, there are parts of this Website where we may need to collect personal information from you, including without limitation your name, post and email addresses, fax and telephone numbers, employment details, date of birth and banking details.
• All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented, or leased to any third parties. However, we shall not be responsible for any fraudulent transactions made through your credit/debit cards as a result of your own negligence.
3. Use of information collected
• Domain name information that we collect is not used to personally identify you and instead is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Website, pages viewed etc. We use this information to measure the use of our Website and to improve its contents.
• When other personal information, such as your name and email address is collected from you (for example through online forms or via email etc.) we generally let you know at the time of collection how we will use that personal information. We may also use the personal information you provide or which we collect via this Website for the purposes of:
a. providing you with services which you have requested and notifying you about important changes or developments to these services;
b. updating our records about you;
c. crime detection, prevention and prosecution;
d. responding to your inquiries and complaints or to process your requests in relation to your information;
e. administering offers, competitions and other promotions;
f. evaluating the effectiveness of our marketing and for research, training and statistical analysis with the aim of improving our services; and
g. making the Website easier for you to use and providing you with access to certain parts of the Website.
• We may also contact you about products and services available from Watania Takaful, and from selected companies outside the Watania Takaful group, which we believe may interest you or benefit you financially. We may do this by post or by phone unless you have told us not to; and by email, text or other electronic means if you have told us that we can or as otherwise allowed by law. You may tell us at any time if you change your mind.
• We will treat your personal information as confidential but may share it with each other and disclose it outside Watania Takaful if:
a. you consent;
b. it is needed by our agents, advisors or others involved in running accounts and services for you, or collecting what you owe us; the law or public interest permits or requires it;
c. required by us or others to investigate or prevent crime;
d. we need to provide it to a third party in anticipation of or following a sale, merger of the whole or any part of the Watania Takaful group companies or in the course of a joint venture.
• We may run your accounts and provide other services from centers outside the United Arab Emirates that do not have the same standard of data protection laws as the UAE.
• We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communications we have with you for training purposes, so that we can check any instructions given to us, for crime prevention, as evidence in any legal proceedings and/or to improve the quality of our customer service.
• By using the Website you consent to us using your personal information for the purposes described above.
• Cookies are small amounts of information that are stored on your computer to enable our server to collect certain information from your web browser. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual, just the computer used. Cookies and other similar technology make it easier for you to log on to and use the Website during future visits.Cookies are used in this Website by us and by third parties to:
a. monitor and manage Website traffic;
c. to identify you when you visit the Website, to personalize the content of the Website for you and to enable you to both carry out transactions and have access to information about your account;
d. temporarily to store details input into calculators and other tools on the Website; and.
e. if required as a matter of law or regulation, in order to protect our or our other customers’ rights.
5. Protecting your privacy
• The Internet is a global environment and using the Internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. By browsing this Website you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal information in this way. We accept no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the Internet.
6. Accessing and updating your information
You are responsible for informing us that your personal details have changed: for example, a change of address or to your title. You can do this by visiting a branch or completing and returning a change of name/address form.
• Any product or service description on the Website is not intended to constitute offers to sell or solicitations in connection with such products or services; andThe Company does not represent or warrant that all its products or services shall be available at all its offices, always.
• While the Company endeavors to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, the Company shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
• Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance, or repair or for reasons beyond the Company’s control.
• Pricing of the Takaful products are based on the guidelines issued by the Company from time to time.
We accept payments online using Visa and MasterCard credit/debit card in AED (or any other agreed currency)
• (Website) will NOT deal or provide any services or products to any of OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctions countries in accordance with the law of UAE.
How do I get a refund?
For any refund processing questions or refund related issues please feel to Contact Us through email, phone, or in person. Please submit the following information when you make your refund request:
• Takaful insurance policy number, date, and contribution paid.
• Your contact information and relation to subject covered.
• Explanation of reason for refund.
• Any relevant supporting documents.
Please note that refunds for all products are subject to the specific terms and conditions of your takaful certificate. Please consult these, or Contact Us to request an additional copy. For online participation, please contact our call centre on 800Watania (9282642) for assistance. Please allow 7 working days to process the refund. Refunds will be done only through the Original Mode of Payment.
Security is a top priority for Watania Takaful General PJSC and Watania Takaful Family PJSC, including all of its affiliated companies (“we” or “our”). We are aware of the risks of doing financial transactions over the Internet and have set up extensive security technologies and processes to protect the transactions and details you transmit over the Internet. While we have taken all possible measures in protecting such transmissions, it is a well-known fact that no system can ever guarantee 100% safety given the open nature of the Internet. This is why you too must keep an eye on your own safety, especially when you are downloading files and supplying personal information over the Internet.
Below are certain threats that you may encounter while doing transactions over the Internet. We are also giving you some guidelines to protect yourself against such threats. Together we can work on ensuring that any risks relating to transactions conducted over the Internet are kept to a minimum.
Phishing and E-mail Scams
You may have heard of the term 'phishing'. It refers to fraudsters 'fishing' for your personal and financial details to use for criminal or other purposes.
Phishing is typically done by making identical copies of the websites of large reputable enterprises. Then scam emails will be sent to trick you into visiting these bogus websites and disclose your personal information.
Here are some 'best practices' that you need to follow to avoid getting trapped into this:
• How will I recognize a bogus website?
Whenever you are uncertain of whether the website on your screen is genuine, check the exact Internet address or URL. If the address on your screen does not correspond with this, then you are at the wrong address and should break the connection with the site immediately. To ensure that you have the correct URL, you may type it in yourself. That way, you avoid being directed to a bogus address by a misleading banner or link.
• How will I recognize a phishing e-mail?
Without using additional security measures like digital signatures, it will be easy for fraudsters to imitate e-mails. But you can take certain precautions to protect yourself against this. The criminals often place alarming, enticing or exciting subjects in their e-mails so that you are compelled to divulge the requested information. So, always take your time to read the e-mail carefully. In case of doubt, do not respond or react to such emails. Instead, confirm the matter through an alternate channel such as fax, telephone etc. Always remember: We WILL NEVER ask you via e-mail to supply confidential information such as your Watania Takaful related passwords.
What information should I keep confidential?
Always be careful when asked for sensitive information such as account numbers, card numbers, PIN codes and address details. We will never ask you for any of the sensitive or confidential information via e-mail. We always handle your personal information and security of your transactions with utmost care.
Welcome to Watania Takaful General PJSC and Watania Takaful Family PJSC (Watania Takaful) – a new generation of Shari'a-compliant financial institutions. Watania Takaful is a well-recognized financial icon in the UAE and the Islamic finance industry. Built on the core principles of innovation, determination, integrity, and responsibility, Watania Takaful strives to be a forward-thinking, innovative leader in the finance industry. Respect the Watania Takaful Community We are a clear and open organization and our social media sites reflect these values. Watania Takaful maintains a presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. We strive to maintain a community across all our sites where everyone feels safe to participate, as such we ask you to follow a few simple guidelines:
• Keep your comments constructive and relevant to the topic at hand.
• Do not share personal or confidential information about yourself or others. Always protect yourself.
• You don’t like spam and unwanted solicitations. Nor do we.
• Respect other points of view. No personal attacks whatsoever.
• We do not tolerate obscene, profane, offensive, abusive, defamatory or harmful language.
• Do not engage in any predatory behavior, threats, intimidation, revealing other people’s personal information, and inciting others to commit violent acts.
• Respect copyrights and all the laws of the UAE.
We enforce our guidelines
All our social sites are moderated by Watania Takaful Community Managers. The moderators are here to support you and to enforce these guidelines:
• All comments and posts are reviewed to ensure compliance with these guidelines.
• We reserve the right to delete comments and posts that we deem are abusive, inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate to our Shari'a values harmful to the company or its employees.
• We may report to the proper authorities any content that we deem condones violence to others or is criminal in nature.
• We also reserve the right to block or ban any user in violation of our policies from our social media sites without prior notice or consent.
We are at your service
Our moderators are trained, customer service representatives and are ready assist you directly with all your enquiries and service requests. Do note that our social media sites currently have limited hours of coverage from Monday to Sunday from 8 am to 7 pm. For any customer support needs outside these times, please call 800Watania (9282642) for assistance.
We want to keep you safe
We are neutral
Watania Takaful may occasionally share links to 3rd party sites as part of our public relations and marketing efforts. These actions do not in any way constitute an official endorsement of any individual, site or company associated with the 3rd party links.
We want you to engage
Now that the rules are clear, do have a good time with our sites. We want a vibrant and engaging community for all to participate in and we thank you for reading and following the rules.