The Board of Directors of National Takaful Company PJSC (Watania) has honor to invite the Shareholders to attend the Annual General Assembly Meeting on Tuesday 21/4/2020 at 5:00 pm online by electronic (instead of personal attendance) to consider the following Agenda:
1. Listen to and approve the Board of Directors Report on the Company’s activity and its financial position for the fiscal year ended on 31/12/2019.
2. Listen to and approve the Sharia Committee Report for the Fiscal year ended 31/12/2019.
3. Listen to and approve the Auditor’s Report for the Fiscal year ended 31/12/2019.
4. Discuss and approve the Company’s Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Account for the fiscal year ended 31/12/2019.
5. Discuss and approve the Board of Directors proposal regarding the distribution of cash dividends of 6% of the Share Capitalamounting to AED (9,000,000) million for the financial year ended on 31/12/2019.
6. Approve the proposal concerning the remuneration of the Members of the Board of Directors and determine the amount thereof.
7. Discharge the Members of the Board of Directors from the responsibility for the fiscal year ended on 31/12/2019.
8. Discharge the Sharia Committee from the responsibility for the fiscal year ended on 31/12/2019.
9. Discharge the Auditors form the responsibility for the fiscal year ended on 31/12/2019.
10. Appoint the Sharia Committee Members
11. Appoint the Auditors for 2020 and determine their fees.
1. Shareholders can register and vote on the resolutions through the electronic link (www.smartagm.ae ) at the registry.
2. The Annual General Assembly meeting shall be held at the Company’s headquarters on the day and time specified by inviting shareholders in the presence of the Board of Directors, the Auditor, the Registrar, the Rapporteur to the Meeting and the Vote Verifier. The attendance of the shareholders will be through electronic participation and without personal attendance.
3. A corporate person may delegate one of its representatives or those in charge of its management by a decision of its Board of Directors or its authorized deputy to represent such corporate person in the General Assembly of the Company. The delegated person shall have the powers as determined under the delegation decision.
4. Shareholders registered in the Shareholders Register on Monday, 20 April 2020 shall be entitled to vote in the General Assembly meeting and register electronically.
5. Shareholders registered in the shareholders register on Sunday, 3 May 2020 shall be entitled to receive the dividend.
6. For electronic registration, at opening hours shareholder has visit the following link www.smartagm.ae. Any proxy holders must send by email to FAB bank (Arranger) the proxies and any supporting documents to the following email (IS@bankfab.com) and mention his/her personal mobile number so that the Arranger can do the verification and send by short message service (SMS) with user name/password for completing the registration.
7. The shareholders can access and review the Company’s Financial Statements, Corporate Governance Report and any documents related to the General Assembly at the website of Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (www.adx.ae) and the website of the Company (www.watania.ae) .
8. The General Assembly meeting shall not be valid unless attended electronically by Shareholders who hold or represent by proxy at least (50%) of the Company’s share capital. If this quorum is not available at the first meeting, the second meeting shall be convened on Tuesday 28 April 2020 in the same place and time. The second meeting shall be held after a period of not less than five (5) days and not more than fifteen (15) days from the date of the first meeting. The second meeting shall be deemed valid irrespective of the number of the shareholders registered and present.
9. You can view the Investors Rights Guide in securities on the main page of the Securities and Commodities Authority’s official website, according to the following link: (https://www.sca.gov.ae/ar/services/minorityinvestorprotection.aspx)
Board of Directors