Invitation to attend the Annual General Assembly Meeting
The Board of Directors of National Takaful Company PJSC (Watania) has honor to invite the Shareholders to attend the Annual General Assembly Meeting on Tuesday 26/3/2019 at 5:00 pm in Dusit Thani Hotel, 1 st Sultan Bin Zayed Street (Al Muroor St.), Abu Dhabi to consider the following Agenda:
1. Listen to and approve the Board of Directors Report on the Company’s activity and its financial position for the fiscal year ended on 31/12/2018.
2. Listen to and prove the Sharia Committee Report for the Fiscal year ended 31/12/2018.
3. Listen to and approve the Auditor’s Report for the Fiscal year ended 31/12/2018.
4. Discuss and approve the Company’s Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Account for the fiscal year ended 31/12/2018.
5. Discuss and approve the Board of Directors proposal regarding the distribution of cash dividends of 5% of the Share Capitalamounting to AED 7.5 million for the financial year ended on 31/12/2018.
6. Approve the proposal concerning the remuneration of the Members of the Board of Directors and determine the amount thereof.
7. Dischargethe Members of the Board of Directors from the responsibility for the fiscal year ended on 31/12/2018.
8. Discharge the Sharia Committee from the responsibility for the fiscal year ended on 31/12/2018.
9. Discharge the Auditors form the responsibility for the fiscal year ended on 31/12/2018.
10. Elect a new member of the Board of Directors replacement of the resigning members Mr. Fahad Al Shaaer and Ms. Rola Boutros.
11. Appoint the Sharia CommitteeMembers
12. Appoint the Auditors for 2019 and determine their fees.
1. Any Shareholder registered in the Company’s share register on 26/3/2019 has the right to attend the Annual General Assembly Meeting or delegate any person other a Member of the Board of Directors under a special written proxy. In such capacity, no proxy may present more than 5% of the capital of the Company (Shareholders who lack capacity or competency shall be represented by their legal representative). The proxy should be submitted to the Issuer Services Department – First Abu Dhabi Bank – Khalifa Business Park – Al Quarm District – 4th floor, P O Box 6316, Abu Dhabi, at least two (2) days prior to the date set for the Meeting in order to retain it in the special records, and will only accept the original proxy .
2. The corporate person may delegate on of its preventives or those in charge of its management under a decision of tits Board of Directors or its authorized deputy to present such corporate person in the General Assembly of the Company .
3. The registered Shareholder in the Register of Shareholders on Monday 25/3/2019 shall e entitled to receive the dividends .
4. The Meeting of the General Assembly shall not be valid unless attended by Shareholders who hold or present by proxy at least (50%) of the Company’s Share Capital .
5. If the quorum for the first meeting is not available, the second meeting shall be convened on Tuesday 2/4/2019 in the same place and time, and the Shareholder registered in the Company’s share register on 1/4/2019 has the right to attend the Annual General Assembly Meeting, and the proxy issued for the 1st meeting shall be valid unless it is expressly canceled by the concerned shareholder with a notice addressed to first Abu Dhabi Bank to the Issuance Services Department at least two (2) days prior to the next meeting. The postponed meeting shall be deemed valid irrespective of the number of the Shareholders present .
6. The Shareholders can access and review the Financial Statement of the Company and its Corporate Governance Report for 2018 by visiting the website of Abu Dhabi Securitas Exchange (ADX) and the Company’s website www.watania.ae.
7. The Shareholders can review the Investors Right Guide issued by the Securities and Commodities Authority through the official website link(https://www.sca.gov.ae/Arabic/Pages/Home.aspx).
Board of Directors